Sign up to Get Involved with Mike’s Campaign
Our campaign is counting on dedicated voters like you to help us win this election. By signing up, you’ll receive direct updates from Mike and stay informed on all the latest news from our team.
I am running to be the Governor of North Carolina to restore the progressive, forward-thinking North Carolina where I grew up. I want to build on our rich history and fight for a level playing field for ALL our people.
I bring a rare wealth of experience to this race. My one-of-a-kind, never-before-seen skill set features 44 years of state government service, with 34 years as a judge. Such lengthy experience in state government combined with such extensive service on the bench has provided me with a unique depth and breadth of understanding of how state government works and the analysis of its complex issues. I am confident that I am the most qualified candidate for Governor to move North Carolina toward fulfilling its unlimited potential.
- Fully fund Leandro – every child in North Carolina has a Constitutional right to a sound, basic education.
- The GOP General Assembly has put up barriers to these basic rights. Rural areas languish. Students suffer.
- No public money should be appropriated to private schools.
- The GOP General Assembly has been defunding and destroying public education.
- NC teacher salaries are about $12,000 per year below the national average, putting us 36th nationally.
- North Carolina is one of only 10 states that have refused to expand Medicaid, which means that billions of federal dollars have gone to other states instead, rural hospitals have closed, and the NC economy has suffered greatly.
- We need lower prescription drug costs.
- We need more choices of health insurance plans.
- It is too easy to get guns, and no one is safe. Everyone is touched.
- The problem is reprehensible. Schoolchildren are vulnerable.
- We need more stringent background checks.
- We need to restrict the availability of ammunition and military-grade weapons..
Criminal Justice Refocus
- People need a way to leave prison and have meaningful lives.
- Expungement, reentry, and job opportunities need to be studied and implemented.
- We must help people rebuild their lives to include a future they can look forward to.
- After a person has paid their debt to society, we need to provide hope and a way forward.
Meet Mike Morgan
A native of North Carolina, Mike Morgan was appointed as a Wake County District Court Judge by former Governor James B. Hunt, Jr., and he was subsequently elected to the judgeship by the voters of Wake County in 1996 and again in 2000.
Mike was elected to the Superior Court bench in 2004 for an eight-year term and was re-elected to the post in 2012. In his first statewide quest for elective office, Justice Morgan was elected in November 2016 to be an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of North Carolina.